A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Nominations Open for Friends & Farmers Co-op Board July 21, 2014(From Sarah Potter, Friends & Farmers Co-op Interim Board President) Your Voice, Your Vote — 2014 Board Elections One of the most exciting parts of the cooperative model is that every owner-member is a vital part of the organization. Investing, volunteering, and voting are all essential to the operations of the co-op. Now that we have […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- EXTRA! EXTRA! July 9th Steady State College just off the press! July 12, 2014Get your copy of the most recent Steady State College published July 9th and find out about: 1. Volunteer and educational opportunities related to homesteading and local sustainability in the Centre Region. 2. CITY-GREEN’s efforts to make State College a more environmentally-sustainable place (yes there are things that could be better) 3. On-going efforspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Don’t be shy. Volunteer to help at PCO Farmfest on Aug. 1 – 2. July 12, 2014From the Organizers… Farmfest is a fun, FREE, community-building event that fosters knowledge of organic agriculture and sustainable living through educational opportunities, local foods, lively entertainment and interactive family activities. FarmFest could use your help! Please sign up to volunteer to help August 1 and 2or send this link along to others whspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Vegetable Festable at the Boalsburg Farmers’ Market- July 15 July 12, 2014The Boalsburg Farmers Market is sponsoring a Vegetable Festable on Tuesday, July 15th at the Boalsburg Farmers Market. The event is designed to demonstrate how to use the fresh vegetables and fruits available at our local farmers markets and to inspire creative cooking at home. Anne Quinn Corr, local food writer, cooking instructor and chef will […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie? July 12, 2014Well, maybe not pumpkin pie, yet. The good news is that yellow cling peaches and Lodi apples are in at Way Fruit Farm. According to folks at Way… The first peaches of the season are ripe; sweet and juicy too! Yellow, cling peaches… are truly a sweet treat for eating or making a simple dessert. Stay […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Mark your calendars… PCO FARMFEST July 7, 2014 springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Soapmaking Workshop – July 20 July 7, 2014
- Cooking Demonstrations at Boalsburg Farmers Market Today June 24, 2014Learning Kitchen at the Boalsburg Farmers Market (June 24) (From Jim Eisenstein) Three local chefs will demonstrate how to prepare dishes using fresh ingredients obtained at the Boalsburg Farmers Market on Tuesday, June 24. Mark Johnson, Chef at Zola New World Bistro is sharing a pork rillettes recipe whose ingredients can be obtained at the […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- College Township Chicken update June 13, 2014A public hearing on the proposed backyard hen ordinance in College Township Council will be held on Thursday, July 17 at 7 p.m. at the College Township Building (1481 E. College Ave). Please come out and lend your support a backyard hen ordinance in College Township. If you can’t make it, please send an email to the council. […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- EXTRA! EXTRA! June 9th edition of Steady State College is available. June 13, 2014The June 9th issue of Steady State College is available for purchase. This issue includes among other things: A calendar of events related to local sustainability and community resilience Updates about CITY-GREEN and the Georgetown University Energy Prize competition News about the on-going quest to get access to the 2008 PSU Energy System Master Plan Updatespringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Nominations Open for Friends & Farmers Co-op Board July 21, 2014
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.