A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Cooking with Root Vegetables Workshop October 29, 2014You’ve got sweet potatoes and rutabagas and a lot of other root vegetables that will keep all winter long… now, what do you do with them?!? Instructor Laura Zaino will teach a workshop titled Cooking with Root Vegetables on Sunday, November 9th from 1 – 3 pm. She will do some cooking demonstrations, share some […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Farmer’s market vendor needs your help… October 26, 2014From Jackie Patterson and the State College Crop Mobs Team… We have a cool opportunity to help a farmer out on Friday! Deb Fisher, owner of Deb’s Flower Farm, is a vendor at the Friday Farmers Market Downtown. She is looking for volunteers to manage her booth at the market for the next couple weeks. […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Visioning meetings for the Sustainable Student-Centered Farm October 26, 2014WHAT: Penn State Student Farm/Sustainable Food Systems Curriculum Visioning Mtg WHEN: Oct. 28 and 29 from 6 – 8 pm WHERE: 3rd Floor Stuckeman Family Building During the meeting, small-group discussions about strategic features and programming of the farm and curriculum will be held. This session will build on prior meetings, and will begin with […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Permaculture Workshop October 26, 2014 springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Apple Pie Baking Contest?!? Where’s my apron? October 15, 2014Way Fruit Farm will once again host the Annual Apple Pie Baking Contest on October 25th, 2014. The event is sponsored by First National Bank. Prizes and bragging rights for the top three pies. 1st place: $50 gift certificate to WFF & gift basket 2nd & 3rd place: $25 […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Listen-in and Learn up on National Organic Standards October 15, 2014From our friends at: On Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 3:00-5:00 PM Eastern Time, the National Organic Program (NOP) will host a listening session focusing on the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB), a federal advisory committee that provides recommendations to USDA. The NOP is seeking comments on NOSB administrative procedures including public participspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- 3rd Thursdays Farming Classes at Stoney Brook Valley Farm October 15, 2014From Katie College at www.coolbeanscsa.com… Toying with the idea of earning some income by producing food on your land, or just interested in maximizing the potential to grow nutritious food for your own family? Want to find your inner farmer and connect with like-minded people? How about joining us for the first series of “Third […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Butchering Workshop October 15, 2014Interesting in learning how to butcher? Then this is the workshop for you… Sponsored by Loaves and Fishes Farms: JOIN US on Saturday, October 18th 2014 FOR AN INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP ON POULTRY BUTCHERING (NOT SLAUGHTERING) Instructor: Steven Bookbinder, Chef and Penn State Food Science Student Learn the theoretical and practical skills needed to […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Friends & Farmers Co-op Developing Online Market September 9, 2014From the September 8 Friends & Farmers Co-op E-Newsletter: 9.8.14 F&F E-Newsletter At the Sept. 3 Friends & Farmers board meeting, the directors reviewed the results of the recent survey and the information gathered by the online market task group, and unanimously voted to launch Friends & Farmers Online as a stepping stone to a […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Third Annual Plow to Plate Dinner Wednesday September 8, 2014(From Jim Eisenstein) Fall in Central Pennsylvania brings the bounty, beauty, and variety of the late summer and fall harvest. To celebrate it, the Boalsburg Farmers Market in cooperation with the Mount Nittany Winery is sponsoring its “Plow to Plate Harvest Dinner” featuring the vegetables and fruits that ripen as the last of summer’s crops […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Cooking with Root Vegetables Workshop October 29, 2014
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.