A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Second Sundays Habitat Chats by Master Gardeners April 15, 2014 KW
- Steady State College – April 14, 2014 Edition April 14, 20144.14.14 Steady State CollegeKW
- April 22 – “Growing Cities” Screening & Discussion April 8, 2014From Lydia Vandenbergh, Associate Director of Sustainable Practices at PSU Sustainability Institute On April 22 at 6:30 p.m. in 121 Sparks Building, we’re holding a screening of Growing Cities, a documentary film about urban agriculture in the U.S., followed by a panel discussion with film director/producer Dan Susman and other agriculture experts. The conve […]KW
- Local Foods Dinner at Redifer; Upcoming Workshops April 2, 2014Local Foods Dinner April 3 (From Marybeth McGinnis via l-sustainability listserve) Workshop Reminders April 5 – Growing Tomatoes in Your Garden – Workshop - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 156 West Hamilton Ave. Instructor: Matt Sullenberger. $12 per person suggested donation; proceeds go to instructor. Register by phone (237-0996) or email. April 13 - Hugelkultur […]KW
- Steady State College – March 31, 2014 Edition March 30, 20143.31.14 Steady State CollegeKW
- PSU 20/20 Challenge – Sign Up by March 28 March 28, 2014Green Teams must sign up by tomorrow; individual participants must be recruited and signed up by 8 a.m. March 31. “The two-week 20/20 challenge, from March 31 to April 11, is designed to engage faculty and staff in learning new energy conservation practices (such as turning off lights, appliances and electronics). These small behavior changes, […]KW
- Penn State Zero – Background & Plans March 24, 2014I met over the weekend with Jon Brockopp and Sylvia Neely. Both are affiliated with Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light, and both are involved in the recent establishment of Penn State Zero, a small committee of current and retired Penn State faculty members that planned the April 11 “Getting to Zero” mini-conference. A group of five faculty […]KW
- April 11 Conference – Penn State’s Carbon Emissions: Getting to Zero March 21, 2014Just found out about this yesterday. RSVPs are due by today (March 21) to Leah Pawlicki.KW
- Steady State College – March 10, 2014 Edition March 10, 20143.10.14 Steady State College (PDF)KW
- Herbal First Aid – Jennifer Tucker Workshop March 22 March 6, 2014Learn what herbs for home. Learn what herbs for travel. Sample Jennifer’s home-made remedies. Recommendations for what to grow in the home garden. Handouts, instructions and samples to take home. Jennifer will cover herbal tinctures; salves; oils and infusions and how she prepares and uses herbs in first-aid situations. As well as where to buy supplies and […]KW
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.