A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Friends & Farmers Co-op Developing Online Market September 9, 2014From the September 8 Friends & Farmers Co-op E-Newsletter: 9.8.14 F&F E-Newsletter At the Sept. 3 Friends & Farmers board meeting, the directors reviewed the results of the recent survey and the information gathered by the online market task group, and unanimously voted to launch Friends & Farmers Online as a stepping stone to a […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Third Annual Plow to Plate Dinner Wednesday September 8, 2014(From Jim Eisenstein) Fall in Central Pennsylvania brings the bounty, beauty, and variety of the late summer and fall harvest. To celebrate it, the Boalsburg Farmers Market in cooperation with the Mount Nittany Winery is sponsoring its “Plow to Plate Harvest Dinner” featuring the vegetables and fruits that ripen as the last of summer’s crops […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- PSU Student Farm Planning Potluck Thursday September 8, 2014(From Leslie Pillen) A Penn State student-centered Sustainable Food Systems minor and Student Farm are now under development through funding from the Sustainability Institute. This new initiative will serve as a nexus for engaged, integrated and experiential learning about sustainability challenges and solutions. An integrative planning process during 2014 aspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Third Annual Plow to Plate Dinner at Mount Nittany Winery – Sept. 10 August 19, 2014Third Annual “Plow To Plate” Harvest Dinner (From Jim Eisenstein) The Boalsburg Farmers Market and Mount Nittany Winery present our third Harvest Dinner celebrating local food with a variety of dishes all prepared by our area’s best chefs from fresh ingredients obtained at the Boalsburg Farmers Market. Wednesday, September 10, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Take the Friends & Farmers Co-op Customer (-to-Be) Survey August 17, 2014(From the Friends & Farmers Co-op August 2014 E-Newsletter) Take the Survey Since the Member Kickoff Celebration on March 2, 257 member households have invested more than $60,000 in start-up capital. We’ve been networking with local farmers and food vendors as we – and our growing pool of enthusiastic volunteers – participate in farmers markets, potlucksspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Tomato-Canning Workshop – Tuesday August 12 August 7, 2014Join Spring Creek Homesteading’s Josh Lambert and Jade Family Farm’s Jim Eisenstein (Friends & Farmers Co-op Board Member) on Tuesday, August 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. at 156 West Hamilton Ave. in State College to learn how to “put up” tomatoes for the winter. Wondering what to do with extra tomatoes from your garden or farmers […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Bushels of corn… literally July 31, 2014From Way Fruit Farm… Sweet corn is abundant right now and so we’d like to offer you corn in any quantity you can think of! Need dinner? Stop by and get full or 1/2 dozen quantities. Planning a picnic , old-fashioned corn boil, or would you like to freeze corn to enjoy this winter? Stop by and get sweet corn by […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Centre County Local Foods Week- Aug 2 – 9 July 31, 2014From PASA… Celebrate the Bounty of Centre County with Our Annual Local Foods Week! This week-long celebration features a number of opportunities for you to get out and enjoy what our area farms and agrarian landscape have to offer. Shop at your favorite farmers markets and treat your family to meals out at […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- A Bremen Town Hootenanny at FarmFest- Aug. 1 July 31, 2014 springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Organic Grain Production Field Day- Aug. 1 July 29, 2014The 2014 Pennsylvania Organic FarmFest is becoming an established tradition in central PA, and highlights innovative educational workshops for growers and livestock producers. This year they are offering a free Transitioning to Organic Grain Production Field Day during FarmFest at the Grange Fairgrounds on Friday, Aug. 1st, from 1-4pm. Registrations requesspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Friends & Farmers Co-op Developing Online Market September 9, 2014
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.