A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Message from Spring Creek Homesteading President Josh Lambert April 23, 2014I would like to take this opportunity to thank Katherine for her hard (and unpaid) work as the program coordinator and treasurer of Spring Creek Homesteading Fund. It is a given that the organization would not exist if it hadn’t been for Katherine’s vision and efforts to establish it, push through the incorporation paperwork, and […]KW
- Personal Transitions – Note to Readers April 22, 2014I’m in the process of changing some time and energy priorities and wanted to give readers a heads-up. Spring Creek Homesteading Fund I’ll be resigning as treasurer and program director for Spring Creek Homesteading effective May 15, just after the May 10 Backyard Laying Hens workshop with Leslie Pillen. We have a few small grants […]KW
- Wild Spring Greens, Mushrooms & Backyard Hens April 21, 2014Pick Your Wild Spring Greens Now! (From Brian Burger) Wild greens in 2014 are running a couple weeks behind recent years with our reluctant spring weather. Now is the time to go afield and “get your greens on!” I enjoy feasting on a foursome of prevalent and plentiful wild greens. The menu? Hot, steamed Stinging Nettles with […]KW
- Divestment Campaign at Harvard; Mini-Conference Reporting April 17, 2014From Democracy Now! Momentum is growing in the movement to divest from fossil fuel companies. On Thursday, South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu called for an anti-apartheid-style boycott and disinvestment campaign against the industry for its role in driving climate change. Meanwhile, nearly 100 members of the faculty at Harvard University released an open […]KW
- Second Sundays Habitat Chats by Master Gardeners April 15, 2014 KW
- Steady State College – April 14, 2014 Edition April 14, 20144.14.14 Steady State CollegeKW
- April 22 – “Growing Cities” Screening & Discussion April 8, 2014From Lydia Vandenbergh, Associate Director of Sustainable Practices at PSU Sustainability Institute On April 22 at 6:30 p.m. in 121 Sparks Building, we’re holding a screening of Growing Cities, a documentary film about urban agriculture in the U.S., followed by a panel discussion with film director/producer Dan Susman and other agriculture experts. The conve […]KW
- Local Foods Dinner at Redifer; Upcoming Workshops April 2, 2014Local Foods Dinner April 3 (From Marybeth McGinnis via l-sustainability listserve) Workshop Reminders April 5 – Growing Tomatoes in Your Garden – Workshop - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 156 West Hamilton Ave. Instructor: Matt Sullenberger. $12 per person suggested donation; proceeds go to instructor. Register by phone (237-0996) or email. April 13 - Hugelkultur […]KW
- Steady State College – March 31, 2014 Edition March 30, 20143.31.14 Steady State CollegeKW
- PSU 20/20 Challenge – Sign Up by March 28 March 28, 2014Green Teams must sign up by tomorrow; individual participants must be recruited and signed up by 8 a.m. March 31. “The two-week 20/20 challenge, from March 31 to April 11, is designed to engage faculty and staff in learning new energy conservation practices (such as turning off lights, appliances and electronics). These small behavior changes, […]KW
- Message from Spring Creek Homesteading President Josh Lambert April 23, 2014
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.