A Partnership between PASA’s Good Food Neighborhood™ Program and the Spring Creek Homesteading Fund (State College, PA).
Below is direct feed from the Spring Creek Homesteading Blog found at springcreekhomesteading.wordpress.com. There you can find much helpful information, as well as updates on their “Reskilling Workshops” which are part of our Sustainability Schools project…
- Spring Creek Homesteading
- Apple Pie Baking Contest?!? Where’s my apron? October 15, 2014Way Fruit Farm will once again host the Annual Apple Pie Baking Contest on October 25th, 2014. The event is sponsored by First National Bank. Prizes and bragging rights for the top three pies. 1st place: $50 gift certificate to WFF & gift basket 2nd & 3rd place: $25 […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Listen-in and Learn up on National Organic Standards October 15, 2014From our friends at: On Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 3:00-5:00 PM Eastern Time, the National Organic Program (NOP) will host a listening session focusing on the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB), a federal advisory committee that provides recommendations to USDA. The NOP is seeking comments on NOSB administrative procedures including public participspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- 3rd Thursdays Farming Classes at Stoney Brook Valley Farm October 15, 2014From Katie College at www.coolbeanscsa.com… Toying with the idea of earning some income by producing food on your land, or just interested in maximizing the potential to grow nutritious food for your own family? Want to find your inner farmer and connect with like-minded people? How about joining us for the first series of “Third […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Butchering Workshop October 15, 2014Interesting in learning how to butcher? Then this is the workshop for you… Sponsored by Loaves and Fishes Farms: JOIN US on Saturday, October 18th 2014 FOR AN INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP ON POULTRY BUTCHERING (NOT SLAUGHTERING) Instructor: Steven Bookbinder, Chef and Penn State Food Science Student Learn the theoretical and practical skills needed to […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Friends & Farmers Co-op Developing Online Market September 9, 2014From the September 8 Friends & Farmers Co-op E-Newsletter: 9.8.14 F&F E-Newsletter At the Sept. 3 Friends & Farmers board meeting, the directors reviewed the results of the recent survey and the information gathered by the online market task group, and unanimously voted to launch Friends & Farmers Online as a stepping stone to a […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Third Annual Plow to Plate Dinner Wednesday September 8, 2014(From Jim Eisenstein) Fall in Central Pennsylvania brings the bounty, beauty, and variety of the late summer and fall harvest. To celebrate it, the Boalsburg Farmers Market in cooperation with the Mount Nittany Winery is sponsoring its “Plow to Plate Harvest Dinner” featuring the vegetables and fruits that ripen as the last of summer’s crops […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- PSU Student Farm Planning Potluck Thursday September 8, 2014(From Leslie Pillen) A Penn State student-centered Sustainable Food Systems minor and Student Farm are now under development through funding from the Sustainability Institute. This new initiative will serve as a nexus for engaged, integrated and experiential learning about sustainability challenges and solutions. An integrative planning process during 2014 aspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Third Annual Plow to Plate Dinner at Mount Nittany Winery – Sept. 10 August 19, 2014Third Annual “Plow To Plate” Harvest Dinner (From Jim Eisenstein) The Boalsburg Farmers Market and Mount Nittany Winery present our third Harvest Dinner celebrating local food with a variety of dishes all prepared by our area’s best chefs from fresh ingredients obtained at the Boalsburg Farmers Market. Wednesday, September 10, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Take the Friends & Farmers Co-op Customer (-to-Be) Survey August 17, 2014(From the Friends & Farmers Co-op August 2014 E-Newsletter) Take the Survey Since the Member Kickoff Celebration on March 2, 257 member households have invested more than $60,000 in start-up capital. We’ve been networking with local farmers and food vendors as we – and our growing pool of enthusiastic volunteers – participate in farmers markets, potlucksspringcreekhomesteadingfund
- Tomato-Canning Workshop – Tuesday August 12 August 7, 2014Join Spring Creek Homesteading’s Josh Lambert and Jade Family Farm’s Jim Eisenstein (Friends & Farmers Co-op Board Member) on Tuesday, August 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. at 156 West Hamilton Ave. in State College to learn how to “put up” tomatoes for the winter. Wondering what to do with extra tomatoes from your garden or farmers […]springcreekhomesteadingfund
- Apple Pie Baking Contest?!? Where’s my apron? October 15, 2014
Click here to register for any of the follow courses:
There are currently no events to display.